For a little reprieve from the blistering temps of our mid summer heatwave, we're chilling out with no cook and no bake recipes!
Like this cool and refreshing cake...
No Bake Pineapple Fluff Cake:
- 1 Eight oz. Pkg. Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 2 TBSP. Light Brown sugar
- 1 Fresh Pineapple, cut into pieces
- ½ stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ pint whipping cream
- 1 pkg. instant French vanilla pudding
- 1 and 1/3 cup cold milk
- 2 cups toasted flaked sweet coconut
- One frozen pound cake.
Remove Frozen pound cake from freezer and begin to thaw while preparing remaining ingredients.
Slice pineapple into pieces and place in baking dish.
Dot butter over the top of pineapple and drizzle with maple syrup, and place under broiler for 5- 10 minutes, until just slightly browned and bubbly (watching closely). At the same time, place coconut under broiler (on a piece of foil) just until slightly golden (also watching closely; stirring once or twice so it does not burn).
Remove coconut and pineapple from oven and set aside. *
In narrow bottom mixing bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
In large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Fold whipping cream into this mixture. Set aside.
Whisk together instant pudding and 1 1/3 cup cold milk until it becomes thickened. Fold into cream cheese/whipped cream mixture. Set aside.
Slice pound cake into thirds, horizontally and begin assembly.
Top first layer of cake with pudding/cream cheese/whipped cream mixture;
Sprinkle with toasted coconut;
Add slices of pineapple;
Top with second layer of cake and repeat the same layers;
Add top layer of cake and frost with remaining pudding/cream cheese/whipped cream and spread over top and sides of entire cake;
With spatula, pat remaining toasted coconut into top and sides of cake until evenly covered and coated...
Slice and Serve...(or refrigerate until ready to serve)
* for an alternate way to prepare the pineapple and toast the coconut: Take it outside... (place prepared pineapple chunks on foil and grill on high for 5 - 10 minutes until slightly browned and bubbly. Place coconut on a second piece of foil and toast on grill along side the pineapple, watching both closely. *
(this recipe was one of my original concoctions for the Philadelphia cream cheese contest last year)